Thursday, November 17, 2011

Rules for Radicals


Even though it was not discussed in class on Monday, Rules for Radicals is discussing the topic of revolution. It states that the significant changes in history have been made by revolutions occurring. There was one quote in the reading that I found to be really interesting, explaining what revolution is; “better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.” There was also a part that I can relate to the book I am reading for class, The Social Animal. It is dealing with human beings obsession to be right. The one chapter was discussing interpersonal attraction. An example of this is that being right to a human is a kind of reward and it makes us feel good. This can relate to a topic discussed in Rules for Radicals where it states the human spirit glows from a small inner light of doubt whether we are right.

1 comment:

  1. I found the quote, "better to die on your feet than to live on your knees" very interesting as well. I liked this analogy because I never thought about it like this. It was saying that it is better to die for something because you gave it your all, than just live giving into things because you don't care.

    ReplyDelete